The DOL Fiduciary Rule Package
(Is there Anything Else?)
This session will explore what’s going on “inside the beltway.” While the DOL package dominates much of the landscape – and will, of course, be part of the discussion – the world has not stopped turning, and the IRS is still in full operational swing. This Breakfast Forum is sure to be enlightening, engaging and loads of fun, especially for geeks and masochists.
· But I don’t wanna be a fiduciary…do I hafta?
· What the heck is BICE, and is it nice?
· What is the IRS EPCU up to these days, and how will it affect my practice? (Never heard of EPCU? Come to the session and find out before it’s too late)
· Are they really going to take away my cross-testing?
· Can 403(b) plans use auto enrollment?
· And more cool stuff
About our Speaker: .(Our speaker is not only handsome, debonair and brilliant, but has a great sense of humor as well.) . . . . . Or so he promises . . .
Bruce Ashton, JD, Drinker Biddle is a partner in the firm’s Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation Practice Group. With more than 35 years of practice, Bruce has gained wide experience reresenting businesses and employee benefits matters. Former President of ASPPA and WP&BC-LA, member of the Board of Directors of the American Academy of Actuaries, he has been recognized as one of “The Best Lawyers in America”, a “Super Lawyer” in Southern California, and as one of the Most Influential People in the 401(k) Industry by 401kWire.
Who should attend this program?
Who should attend this program?
- Financial Advisors who want more information about how the new fiduciary rules affect them as well as the latest changes in the pension area
- Plan Fiduciaries, who want to find out if the new fiduciary rules affect them
- Plan Auditors, who may not care about the new fiduciary rules , but are sure they better know something about it.
- Service Providers, who already know about the new fiduciary rules, but want to hear the rest of the topics
- All Benefits Professionals who are interested in participating in a high-quality educational forum and want to benefit from the knowledge and experience of other benefits professionals in the Orange County benefits community.
:Continuing Ed Credits
ASPPA—1 CE Credit CEBS—1 CPE Credit CFP —1.5 Hours CPA (California) — 1.5 Hours ERPA —1 Hour MCLE (California) —1.5 Hours NIPA - 1 Hour
Doors open at 7:30 a.m. for check-in, breakfast and networking. Our program will begin at 8:00 a.m. and this program will end at approximately 9:30 a.m. The registration fee includes a full breakfast buffet and hosted valet parking.
The reservation deadline for this event is Thursday, May 12, 2016
WP&BC Members can bring a guest for free! This is a wonderful opportunity to introduce your peers and colleagues to our Chapter. Remember, your guest should be a first-time visitor and potential member. Look for the free guest offer when you register online
The statements and materials presented at WP&BC Orange County Chapter events are solely the opinions of the speakers and do not represent the opinions or positions of WP&BC Orange County Chapter. In addition, WP&BC Orange County Chapter assumes no responsibility for the content or accuracy of the statements and materials presented by speakers at WP&BC Orange County Chapter events.