Nightmare on TPA Street
EPCRS Case Studies that will make your hair curl!
Join us for an informative, and sometime scary, discussion of real life retirement plan problems. Through these case studies that are just too horrifying to believe, you will learn about how to use all of your tools in your corrections toolkit and come up with the most effective resolution. Understand when it is the best time to use the:
- Self-Correction Program,
- Voluntary Correction Program,
- Voluntary Closing Agreement Program,
- Voluntary Fiduciary Correction Program,
- When you should just run far, far, far away.
Bring your worst and Alison will be able to answer your lingering doubts and questions.
Alison J. Cohen, J.D., CPC
Alison is a Senior Associate with Ferenczy Benefits Law Center in Atlanta, Georgia. Alison advises clients on many issues related to qualified retirement plans, including design, mergers and acquisitions, audits, and operational issues. Alison commonly works with clients that have operational issues to guide them through the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and/or Department of Labor (DOL) corrective programs, prepare corrective filings, and prepare and support clients through an audit conducted by the IRS and/or DOL.
Alison is a member of the Georgia and California State Bars and holds her designation as a Certified Pension Consultant from the American Society of Pension Professionals and Actuaries (ASPPA).
Prior to joining Ferenczy Benefits Law Center, Alison worked at a large bundled service provider for nearly 16 years as an Associate Vice President, Compliance Manager and Regulatory Liaison. As part of her responsibilities there, Alison served as a national speaker on audit and correction issues. Alison sat on the Employee Plans Subcommittee of the IRS Advisory Committee on Tax-Exempt and Governmental Entities (ACT) from 2013 – 2016, serving as Chair from 2015 – 2016.
Actively involved with ASPPA, Alison is a current member of the organization’s Retirement Plan Academy Board and the Legislative Relations Committee, as well as served in past years as the Chair of the CPC Exam Committee.
Who Should Attend:
- Plan Fiduciaries and Plan Sponsors who want to who want to know more about plan qualification issues that may occur arise and how to best resolve them
- Financial Advisors who want to know how plan compliance issues can best be resolved for their plan sponsor clients
- Auditors who want to know what the DOL/IRS is targeting so that I can recognize issues with clients and advise them to consult their TPA and/or counsel.
- Record keepers who would like to know more about how to resolve difficult plan compliance issues
- Service Providers (third-party administrators & consultants) who want to know more about how to resolve difficult plan compliance issues
- All Benefits Professionals who are interested in participating in a high-quality educational forum and want to benefit from the knowledge and experience of other practioners
2 CE for AIF Certification (pending)
2 CE for ASPPA certifications
2 CEC for NIPA certifications
2 CPE for CEBS
1.75 hours MCLE for California attorneys
2 hours for California CPAs
2 hours for Certified Financial Planners (pending)
2 hour for ERPA and Enrolled Agents
Doors open at 7:30 a.m. for check-in, breakfast and networking. Our program will begin at 8:00 a.m. and this program will end at approximately 9:45 a.m. The registration fee includes a full breakfast buffet and hosted valet parking.
The reservation deadline for this event is Thursday, March 8.
WP&BC Members can bring a guest for free! This is a wonderful opportunity to introduce your peers and colleagues to our Chapter. Remember, your guest should be a first-time visitor and potential member. Look for the free guest offer when you register online
The statements and materials presented at WP&BC Orange County Chapter events are solely the opinions of the speakers and do not represent the opinions or positions of WP&BC Orange County Chapter. In addition, WP&BC Orange County Chapter assumes no responsibility for the content or accuracy of the statements and materials presented by speakers at WP&BC Orange County Chapter events.