Missing Participants & Uncashed Checks –
Problems Never Anticipated
Meet us at American Funds Campus, 6455 Irvine Center Dr, Irvine
Doors open at 11:30 a.m. for check-in, lunch and networking.
In this fun and information-packed presentation you’ll learn everything you ever wanted to know about Missing Participants and Uncashed Checks, plus a little more. In the presentation we’ll covers how Missing Participants and Uncashed Checks occur, why they are a problem, what guidance exists (and what guidance doesn’t exist) and best practices to protect you and your clients. Along the way, we’ll sprinkle in some fun facts and entertaining stories about the incredible world of missing people and unclaimed funds.
o Come learn about the world of Missing Participants from someone who has literally seen it all.
o Regale your coworkers back at the office with entertaining stories of real-life Missing Participant and Uncashed Check scenarios.
o With all due respect to attorneys, I’m not one – so at least you won’t have to worry about being bombarded with onerous legal and regulatory citings. Yay!
Spiro Preovolos, Vice President of Business Development, PenChecks Trust
Spiro Preovolos joined PenChecks in March of 2002, holding several different positions including Director of Operations and Director of Sales and Marketing. In his current role as Vice President of Business Development he is responsible for overseeing all sales and marketing operations for the PenChecks family of companies. On the sales side, Spiro focuses on developing strategic level integrations, partnerships and service offerings that span sales, marketing, IT and operations. On the marketing side, he oversees the planning and production of all marketing and promotional materials, including print collateral, advertising, and the company’s online presence.
Prior to joining PenChecks, Spiro served as a special agent and financial representative for Northwestern Mutual in Los Angeles. He is an Accredited Pension Representative (APR), a designation bestowed by the National Institute of Pension Administrators, and holds a B.A. in philosophy from the University of Southern California.
This Seminar will be held in the offices of The Capital Group. Check-in is from 11:30 a.m. Due to the special nature of this program, we cannot accept walk-ins the day of the event.
- 2 CE for AIF
- 2 CECs for ERPA
- 2 CPEs for ASPPA certifications
- 2 CECs for NIPA certifications
- 2 hours for California CPAs
- 1.75 hours of California MCLE
- 2 hours for Certified Financial Planners
Who Should Attend:
· Plan Fiduciaries and Plan Sponsors who want to know why missing participants and uncashed checks are a risk and concern and how to proactively be in compliance
· Financial Advisors who want to know what their qualified plan clients face and be aware of solutions they can suggest
· Auditors who want to know more about missing participant and uncashed checks issues
· Record keepers who would like to know about potential solutions missing participant and uncashed checks issues
· All Benefits Professionals who are interested in participating in a high-quality educational forum and want to benefit from the knowledge and experience of other benefits experts
The statements and materials presented at WP&BC Orange County Chapter events are solely the opinions of the speakers and do not represent the opinions or positions of WP&BC Orange County Chapter. In addition, WP&BC Orange County Chapter assumes no responsibility for the content or accuracy of the statements and materials presented by speakers at WP&BC Orange County Chapter events.