Are You At Risk?
With the proliferation of identity data breaches, combined with the growing value of your retirement account, is your retirement safe?
- How accounts are compromised
- What modern record keeping protection looks like
- What can employees, sponsors and participants can do
- What to do if you become a victim
Our Speaker: Doug Peterson, CISO, Great-West Financial
Doug is responsible for the cyber security strategy, architecture development and global cyber security. He has enterprise-level responsibility for all cyber/data/information security policies, standards, evaluations, roles and awareness for all utilized technologies, services, vendors and partners. Doug is also responsible for business continuity and disaster recovery planning, testing and execution. Doug has over 25 years of experience in the financial services industry which includes Nationstar Mortgage, Lehman Brothers and Merrill Lynch. Prior to his corporate career, Doug served in the U.S. Army as an Intelligence Analyst in the 82nd Airborne Division and the 19th Special Forces Group. Doug holds a B.S. in business administration and he is a certified business continuity planner from DRII, a Certified Information Security Systems Professional from ISC(2) and a GIAC Information Security Systems Professional.
Who Should Attend:
- Plan Fiduciaries and Plan Sponsors who want know how to make sure their plan participants are safe from cyber theft
- Financial Advisors who want to know how to assess recordkeeper cyber attack prevention
- Auditors who want to know whether cyber security is a compliance issue
- Record keepers who would like to know what they can do to execute effective cyber security
- Consultants who would like to have the most current information on cyber security issues
- All Benefits Professionals who are interested in participating in a high-quality educational forum and want to benefit from the knowledge and experience of other benefits experts
2 CE for AIF Certification (pending)
2 CE for ASPPA certifications
2 CEC for NIPA certifications
2 CPE for CEBS
1.75 hours MCLE for California attorneys
2 hours for California CPAs
2 hours for Certified Financial Planners (pending)
2 hour for ERPA and Enrolled Agents
Doors open at 7:30 a.m. for check-in, breakfast and networking. Our program will begin at 8:00 a.m. and this program will end at approximately 9:45 a.m. The registration fee includes a full breakfast buffet and hosted valet parking.
The reservation deadline for this event is Friday, May 10.
WP&BC Members can bring a guest for free! This is a wonderful opportunity to introduce your peers and colleagues to our Chapter. Remember, your guest should be a first-time visitor and potential member. Look for the free guest offer when you register online
The statements and materials presented at WP&BC Orange County Chapter events are solely the opinions of the speakers and do not represent the opinions or positions of WP&BC Orange County Chapter. In addition, WP&BC Orange County Chapter assumes no responsibility for the content or accuracy of the statements and materials presented by speakers at WP&BC Orange County Chapter events.