Supplement 401k Plans
Using ESOP, Defined Benefit, and Non-Qualified Deferred Compensation arrangements to supplement 401k plans, aka Total Retirement Solutions
- How these plans operate
- Technical issues/benefits of each type of supplement
- How they supplement traditional 401k retirement benefits
- Administrative issues
- Why supplemental arrangements are needed now
Our Speaker: Tom Burnor, Regional Vice President, Principal Financial Group
Tom has over 20 years of experience in the retirement plan industry. For the past 15 years he has been with Principal Financial Group and is currently the Regional Vice President of Sales with the Principal Financial Group. Previously Tom was with Metlife. Tom earned a BSBA in Finance from Central Michigan University and a MBA from California State University, Fullerton.
Who Should Attend:
- Plan Fiduciaries and Plan Sponsors who want to know their options for supplementing their 401(k) plan and the benefits/limitations of each
- Financial Advisors who want to know more about how supplemental plans operate and how to best introduce the topic to pan sponsors
- Auditors who want to know the unique characteristics of each type of supplemental plan
- Record keepers who would like to know what it takes to admin9ster supplemental plans
- Consultants who would like to have a more in-depth understanding of the administrative issues
- All Benefits Professionals who are interested in participating in a high-quality educational forum and want to benefit from the knowledge and experience of other benefits experts
2 CE for AIF Certification
2 CE for ASPPA certifications
2 CEC for NIPA certifications
2 CPE for CEBS
1.75 hours MCLE for California attorneys
2 hours for California CPAs
2 hours for Certified Financial Planners
2 hour for ERPA and Enrolled Agents
Doors open at 7:30 a.m. for check-in, breakfast and networking. Our program will begin at 8:00 a.m. and this program will end at approximately 9:45 a.m. The registration fee includes a full breakfast buffet and hosted valet parking.
The reservation deadline for this event is Friday, October 10.
WP&BC Members can bring a guest for free! This is a wonderful opportunity to introduce your peers and colleagues to our Chapter. Remember, your guest should be a first-time visitor and potential member. Look for the free guest offer when you register online
The statements and materials presented at WP&BC Orange County Chapter events are solely the opinions of the speakers and do not represent the opinions or positions of WP&BC Orange County Chapter. In addition, WP&BC Orange County Chapter assumes no responsibility for the content or accuracy of the statements and materials presented by speakers at WP&BC Orange County Chapter events.