Join us for a breakfast forum at Andrei’s Restaurant in Irvine!
Managing Health Care Expenses in Retirement &
Savvy Social Security Planning
Thursday, November 11, 2021
8:00 am to 9:45 am
Managing Health Care Expenses in Retirement: What Baby Boomers Need to Know About Medicare and Long-Term Care
Everyone must sign up for Medicare, yet few people understand what to do. Help clients avoid the pitfalls and put this critical piece of the retirement planning puzzle into place.
- What happens if I don’t enroll in Medicare on time? What’s the penalty?
- How does private insurance go with Medicare?
- How do I plan for higher health care costs in retirement?
Savvy Social Security Planning: WHAT BABY BOOMERS NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THEIR RETIREMENT INCOMEAs a new generation is getting ready to collect Social Security, this presentation provides information about how your client can make the most of this earned retirement benefit.
- Will Social Security be available when I retire? Description of possible social security reform.
- How much can I expect to receive from Social Security? Explanation of factors that will help determine amount you will receive from Social Security.
- When should I apply for Social Security? Explanation of factors to consider when deciding to apply for benefit.
- How can I maximize my benefit? Learn ways you can maximize the benefit through investments, RMDs, and delayed collection.
- What spousal benefits are available? Explanation of spousal benefits, the rules, and how to handle if you’re divorced.
Taylor Pluss is a Retirement Director, West division for the Defined Contribution and Wealth Advisor Services Team at Janus Henderson Investors. In this role, Ms. Pluss provides thoughtful advice and consultation to her Janus Henderson peers and financial advisors regarding some of today’s most complex retirement issues. She also leads Janus Henderson’s national Women and Wealth initiatives. Previously, Ms. Pluss worked as a client consultant for Janus’ Chicago region, where she helped financial advisors grow their business. Ms. Pluss earned a bachelor of science degree with concentrations in finance and supply chain management from Syracuse University. She holds FINRA Series 7 and 63 securities licenses as well as Certified Financial Planner (CFP®), Certified Divorce Financial Analyst (CDFA®), Accredited Portfolio Management Advisor (APMA®) and Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist (CRPS®) designations. She has 14 years of financial industry experience.
- 2 CE for AIF (pending)
- 2 CECs for ERPA
- 2 CPEs for ASPPA certifications
- 2 CECs for NIPA certifications
- 2 hours for California CPAs
- 1.75 hours of California MCLE
- 2 hours for Certified Financial Planners (pending)
- 2 CE for CRPS
- 2 CE for CEBS
A Note Regarding COVID-19 Measures:
WP&BC Orange County is excited to welcome all members back for live in-person meetings. To ensure the comfort and safety of our guests during this pandemic, we will be following best practices and arranging our tables so that there can be more distance between attendees and we will be requiring all attendees to wear face masks unless eating or drinking Due to the fluctuating nature of COVID-19 safety requirements by the State of California, Orange County, and our meeting venue, we may have to institute additional safety measures, up to and including a return to a virtual format. We will keep you updated regarding any changes to these measures. Should you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Doors open at 7:30 am for check-in, breakfast and networking. Our program will begin at 8:00 am and this program will end at approximately 9:45 am. The registration fee includes a full breakfast buffet and hosted valet parking.
The reservation deadline for this event is Friday, November 5, 2021.
- WP&BC Members can bring a guest for free! This is a wonderful opportunity to introduce your peers and colleagues to our Chapter. Remember, your guest should be a first-time visitor and potential member. Look for the free guest offer when you register online
- The statements and materials presented at WP&BC Orange County Chapter events are solely the opinions of the speakers and do not represent the opinions or positions of WP&BC Orange County Chapter. In addition, WP&BC Orange County Chapter assumes no responsibility for the content or accuracy of the statements and materials presented by speakers at WP&BC Orange County Chapter events.