Join us online!
War Stories: Tiger Lawyer vs. Big Plan Rescue
Thursday, January 20, 2022
8:00 am to 9:45 am
This lawyer vs. accountant session will cover the trials and tribulations of an ERISA lawyer and an ERISA plan auditor as they share their war stories of working through struggles with annual plan audits.
- Common causes of plan audits being "caged" and how to free them
- Plan corrections - the impact on a plan's financial statements
- Questions plan fiduciaries ask - Why is the auditor asking all these questions? What is a management rep letter?
- Auditors ask - Why won't the attorney talk to me?
- Form 5500 red flags for attorneys and auditors
- Season 2 - recent developments and the impact on plan audits starting in 2022
Since graduating from the UCLA School of Law in 1983, Sherrie has focused her law practice in the area of ERISA and employee benefits. With her extensive experience, Sherrie is a highly sought-after speaker, writer, and advisor. She frequently speaks for legal and benefits trade associations such as the Western Pension & Benefits Council, the National Institute of Pension Administrators, NAMWOLF, the Orange County Bar Association, and the California Lawyers Association.
Diane is a highly experienced audit professional and brings over 25 years of public accounting experience. She specializes in auditing 401(k) and other types of employee benefit plans, including defined benefit, and 403(b) plans. Diane is a graduate of California State University, Northridge and a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the California Society of Certified Public Accountants and the Western Pension & Benefits Council, Orange County Chapter.
- 2 CE for AIF (pending)
- 2 CECs for ERPA
- 2 CPEs for ASPPA certifications
- 2 CECs for NIPA certifications
- 2 hours for California CPAs
- 1.75 hours of California MCLE
- 2 hours for Certified Financial Planners (pending)
- 2 CE for CRPS
- 2 CE for CEBS
A Note Regarding COVID-19 Measures:
WP&BC Orange County is excited to welcome all members back for live in-person meetings. To ensure the comfort and safety of our guests during this pandemic, we will be following best practices and arranging our tables so that there can be more distance between attendees and we will be requiring all attendees to wear face masks unless eating or drinking Due to the fluctuating nature of COVID-19 safety requirements by the State of California, Orange County, and our meeting venue, we may have to institute additional safety measures, up to and including a return to a virtual format. We will keep you updated regarding any changes to these measures. Should you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Doors open at 7:30 am for check-in, breakfast and networking. Our program will begin at 8:00 am and this program will end at approximately 9:45 am. The registration fee includes a full breakfast buffet and hosted valet parking.
The reservation deadline for this event is Friday, January 14, 2022.
- WP&BC Members can bring a guest for free! This is a wonderful opportunity to introduce your peers and colleagues to our Chapter. Remember, your guest should be a first-time visitor and potential member. Look for the free guest offer when you register online
- The statements and materials presented at WP&BC Orange County Chapter events are solely the opinions of the speakers and do not represent the opinions or positions of WP&BC Orange County Chapter. In addition, WP&BC Orange County Chapter assumes no responsibility for the content or accuracy of the statements and materials presented by speakers at WP&BC Orange County Chapter events.