Join us for a breakfast forum at Andrei’s Restaurant in Irvine!
2022 Plan Administration and Beyond
Thursday, February 17, 2022
8:00 am to 9:45 am
It’s a new year and a great opportunity to discuss what plan sponsors need to pay close attention to in 2022. You will have an opportunity to hear from an advisor, auditor, and recordkeeper on important topics related to retirement plan administration and the changes the industry is experiencing.
Our Panel Speakers:
Rodney Balbuena, Retirement Plan Consultant
- Cybersecurity DOL Guidance
- Missing participants
- Lifetime Income Disclosures
- CARES & SECURE Act Amendments
- The importance of updating beneficiaries
- Mandatory distributions
Nicole Aguilar, CPA and Sarah Hauser, Senior Associate
- New auditing standards and what it means to ERISA plan sponsors
- Plan sponsor responsibilities when outsourcing services
- Record retention
- Plan sponsor engagement and interaction – best practices
Steven Stillman, Vice President, Implementation & Payroll Services Empower Retirement
- Electronic Notice Delivery & Lifetime Income Disclosures
- Cyber Security best practices & protocols
- Payroll integration
- Cloud based processing
- 2 CE for AIF (pending)
- 2 CECs for ERPA (pending)
- 2 CPEs for ASPPA certifications
- 2 CECs for NIPA certifications
- 2 hours for California CPAs
- 1.75 hours of California MCLE
- 2 hours for Certified Financial Planners (pending)
- 2 CE for CRPS
- 2 CE for CEBS
A Note Regarding COVID-19 Measures:
WP&BC Orange County is excited to welcome all members back for live in-person meetings. To ensure the comfort and safety of our guests during this pandemic, we will be following best practices and arranging our tables so that there can be more distance between attendees and we will be requiring all attendees to wear face masks unless eating or drinking Due to the fluctuating nature of COVID-19 safety requirements by the State of California, Orange County, and our meeting venue, we may have to institute additional safety measures, up to and including a return to a virtual format. We will keep you updated regarding any changes to these measures. Should you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Doors open at 7:30 am for check-in, breakfast and networking. Our program will begin at 8:00 am and this program will end at approximately 9:45 am. The registration fee includes a full breakfast buffet and hosted valet parking.
The reservation deadline for this event is Friday, February 11th.
- WP&BC Members can bring a guest for free! This is a wonderful opportunity to introduce your peers and colleagues to our Chapter. Remember, your guest should be a first-time visitor and potential member. Look for the free guest offer when you register online
- The statements and materials presented at WP&BC Orange County Chapter events are solely the opinions of the speakers and do not represent the opinions or positions of WP&BC Orange County Chapter. In addition, WP&BC Orange County Chapter assumes no responsibility for the content or accuracy of the statements and materials presented by speakers at WP&BC Orange County Chapter events.