Nothing is Certain Except Death and Taxes,
but Stranger Things Have Occurred
Join Us at Andrei's
Thursday, October 20, 2022
8:00 am to 9:45 am
As Halloween approaches, our thoughts turn to ghosts and ghouls and the always frightening topic of what happens to plan benefits when someone dies. We will cover all manner of spooky death related topics: beneficiary designations (or the lack of same); processing death distributions; disputes among potential death beneficiaries, benefit disclaimers, required minimum distributions (including the current proposed regulations); death related provisions in plan documents; and of critical importance – will there be another Journey cover in the final season of Stranger Things?
For over thirty years, Sherrie has focused her entire law practice and ongoing education on finding solutions in this ever-changing and complex area of today’s employee benefit challenges. She enjoys unraveling the mysteries of ERISA with her clients with a clear focus on truly understanding each client’s issues while carefully and clearly defining the best options for each situation.
Sherrie has represented clients before the Internal Revenue Service, the United States Department of Labor, the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation, arbitrators from the American Arbitration Association and the United States District Court, with respect to employee benefits issues.
With an emphasis on retirement and deferred compensation plans, Sherrie advises and counsels a broad range of clients including employers, employees, plan fiduciaries, financial institutions, government agencies and trade associations, on a wide array of employee benefits matters.
Sherrie has extensive experience and is a highly sought-after speaker, writer, and advisor on employee benefits topics.
- 2 CE for AIF (pending)
- 2 CECs for ERPA (pending)
- 2 CPEs for ASPPA certifications
- 2 CECs for NIPA certifications
- 2 hours for California CPAs
- 1.75 hours of California MCLE
- 2 hours for Certified Financial Planners (pending)
- 2 CE for CRPS
- 2 CE for CEBS
- Early Bird (through October 7th): $45 for members, $65 for non-members
- Regular: $55 for members, $75 for non-members
- Gold Members: 1 prepaid ticket for each breakfast forum
- Corporate & Sponsor Members: 3 prepaid tickets for each breakfast forum
Doors open at 7:30 am for check-in, breakfast and networking. Our program will begin at 8:00 am and this program will end at approximately 9:45 am. The registration fee includes a full breakfast buffet and hosted valet parking.
The reservation deadline for this event is Monday, October 17th.
- WP&BC Members can bring a guest for free! This is a wonderful opportunity to introduce your peers and colleagues to our Chapter. Remember, your guest should be a first-time visitor and potential member. Look for the free guest offer when you register online
- The statements and materials presented at WP&BC Orange County Chapter events are solely the opinions of the speakers and do not represent the opinions or positions of WP&BC Orange County Chapter. In addition, WP&BC Orange County Chapter assumes no responsibility for the content or accuracy of the statements and materials presented by speakers at WP&BC Orange County Chapter events.