Understanding the Intricacies
of Stable Value and
Join Us at Andrei's
Thursday, February 16, 2023
8:00 am to 9:45 am
This panel discussion will talk about the recent trends surrounding stable value and ESG investments. You will gain a basic understanding of the stable value asset class and clarification on what ESG means, as well as hear from a local retirement plan consultant on how these asset classes are being implemented within retirement plans.
- Review the landscape of capital preservation options within DC plans- Stable Value and Money Market
- Discuss the unique aspects of Stable Value Funds- investment types, crediting rate, withdrawal provisions
- Provide an update on the state of capital preservation options in the current market environment. How have Stable Value Funds performed in a rising rate environment
- Environmental, Social, & Governance trends
- Why Consultants should consider developing a plan to address ESG needs & solutions for plan sponsors/participants
- Various ways ESG factors into investment decisions
Tina Schackman, CFA, CFP, Benefit Financial Services Group (BFSG)
Tina re-joined Benefit Financial Services Group in 2019 after spending 7 years with Prudential Retirement where she was responsible for managing the firm’s intermediary relationships in the Western US. Tina was originally with BFSG from 2004 to 2011 and primarily served as an Investment Consultant to qualified plan sponsors of corporate and public retirement plans. Tina currently serves as a Principal and Senior Retirement Plan Consultant where she provides investment and plan design consulting, fiduciary education, and plan compliance oversight to her clients.
Kevin M. Calabro Senior Investment Director, Fixed Income Global Investment Strategies for Putnam Investments
Mr. Calabro is responsible for communicating investment performance, positioning, and strategy; performing competitive analysis; gathering intelligence on trends in the global marketplace; and developing and launching new products. Mr. Calabro joined Putnam in 2012 and has been in the investment industry since 2011. Previously at Putnam, Mr. Calabro was a Fixed Income Investment Product Analyst. Earlier, he served in various roles, including as a Senior Associate Consultant for Putnam Retail Management. Prior to joining Putnam, Mr. Calabro was a Client Account Manager at Brown Brothers Harriman in 2011. Mr. Calabro earned an M.B.A. from Boston College and a B.A. in Economics from Wheaton College.
Christopher Donnager, Sr. Regional Consultant for MFS
Christopher brings with him 25 years of industry experience. He is responsible for MFS’ investment management business through advisor sold retirement plans in California & Hawaii. Prior to joining MFS in 2014, he spent 3 years with PIMCO and 6 years with Goldman Sachs in similar roles. His career also includes 7 years with Pacific Life, where he conducted investment analysis & manager selection for the firm’s $40 billion separate account. A California native, he calls Carlsbad home, where he resides with his wife and their two sons.
- 2 CE for AIF (pending)
- 2 CECs for ERPA (pending)
- 2 CPEs for ASPPA certifications
- 2 CECs for NIPA certifications
- 2 hours for California CPAs
- 1.75 hours of California MCLE
- 2 hours for Certified Financial Planners (pending)
- 2 CE for CRPS
- 2 CE for CEBS
- Early Bird (through February 4th): $45 for members, $65 for non-members
- Regular: $55 for members, $75 for non-members
- Gold Members: 1 prepaid ticket for each breakfast forum
- Corporate & Sponsor Members: 3 prepaid tickets for each breakfast forum
Doors open at 7:30 am for check-in, breakfast and networking. Our program will begin at 8:00 am and this program will end at approximately 9:45 am. The registration fee includes a full breakfast buffet and hosted valet parking.
- WP&BC Members can bring a guest for free! This is a wonderful opportunity to introduce your peers and colleagues to our Chapter. Remember, your guest should be a first-time visitor and potential member. Look for the free guest offer when you register online
- The statements and materials presented at WP&BC Orange County Chapter events are solely the opinions of the speakers and do not represent the opinions or positions of WP&BC Orange County Chapter. In addition, WP&BC Orange County Chapter assumes no responsibility for the content or accuracy of the statements and materials presented by speakers at WP&BC Orange County Chapter events.